It didn't take long to get to Glacier this morning. The weather, as it has been the past few days, was fantastic. I planned on riding the Going to the Sun Road but it's not going to happen. With the massive amounts of snow they received this year the road has not been opened yet. I think they have cleared about half of it. This is the second time this happened to me. Oh well, there's always the next time (or perhaps on the return trip?)
I took the old road Montana 17, through Glacier into Waterton International Peace Park. Very nice secondary road. A little too challenging for most of the motorhomes. I arrived at customs with not a soul in site. Breezed right through.
The Kananaskis Country Trail is a spectacular road that winds right up the Rockies. Beautiful ride! If you haven't seen this it's difficult for me to describe, if you have then you know why.
I was flowing through the curves when another biker riding 2 up approached from the North. He was grinning and gave me a wave. Around the next turn I found out what his grin was for...
Day 5 - Great Falls MT to Canmore Alberta 338 miles
In the morning I plan on heading to Jasper via the Bow Country Parkway.
What cute little sheep and gorgeous views!
ReplyDeleteKananaskis Country such a beautiful long & winding road to travel! Great to see your enjoying the trip & the sheep were not bothered by those 'LOUD PIPES' of yours!!! haha
ReplyDeleteYo Carter, greetings from lovely Kennett Square, PA, soon to be Baltimore, MD. We know you met a lot of bighorn sheep, but have you met any interesting fellow travelers (actual travelers, not communists)?
ReplyDelete