Today I put together a rough plan to get from Valemount to Dawson Creek. I plan on heading up 97 the whole way. I knew there was construction along the way but didn't think much of it.
Leaving Valemount I needed to head towards Prince George on the Yellowhead Highway. A short distance up the road I encountered a huge bull elk on the side of the road. As I stopped and attempted to get my camera out, this thing decided he didn't like me there and charged across the road at me. Fortunately the bike was still running and I got away easily, but man, something like that will get your heart beating fast. Very cool way to start the day. I didn't get the photo but posted a stock photo here so you get the idea.Right after the elk encounter it began to rain. It started and continued all day. I had to go to full rain gear for the entire day. The scenery remains tremendous even in the rain, too bad I can't take any pictures in this stuff. I eventually made it to the Mackenzie Junction where I spoke with the Road Angel, who is there to advise about the traffic conditions. As it was getting late in the day and delays were significant I decided to get a room for the night and work on the blog. Good plan but the internet was so slow I couldn't even upload a pic. At least dinner was good.
Day 7 Valemount to McKenzie 311 miles
No comments:
Post a Comment