Leaving out of Bismark you come upon two items of interest before you hit Montana. The first is the Enchanted Highway.
The Enchanted Highway, a 32 mile stretch of highway starting at Interstate 94 (Exit 72) - about 20 miles east of Dickinson, features some of the world's largest scrap metal sculptures. In fact, the sculpture "Geese in Flight", is currently listed in the Guinness World Book of Records as the Largest Scrap Metal Sculpture in the entire world.
Currently, the Enchanted Highway consists of 6 extremely large metal sculptures depicting geese, deer, pheasants, grasshoppers, Teddy Roosevelt, and even a complete Tin Family. The artist responsible for this awesome creation, Regent native Gary Greff, plans on adding even more giant sculptures to the highway in the upcoming years.
Entering Montana I picked up US route 200S. A fabulous two land road that your travel at 75 mph across the Montana prairie. With all of the snow melt and rain the vividness of this ride was quite remarkable. Fields of green, wildflowers, and an abundance of life everywhere. I thoroughly enjoyed this days ride.
Day 4 - Bismark to Great Falls, Montana 552 miles
Heading to Glacier NP tomorrow. I think this is where trip actually begins.
Absolutely beautiful scenery.. I had forgotten how amazing that really is.
ReplyDelete