This is the world famous Yukon Hotel. Don't laugh, I'm getting a bit remote now. However I will say the room was clean and it had hot water. What more do you need? Wifi? That was out of the question.
Pushing north I reach the Yukon River. I thought is was large here, but was in for a surprise as to how large it gets up by Dawson City.
The roads are starting to break up now. Sometimes pavement and long stretches of gravel.
I rolled into Dawson City rather late on a Sunday night. I wasn't too concerned about getting a room. Well, I missed the mark again. Turns out that Sunday was the last night of a 3 day music festival. You know the types, all of twenty something crowd 9like my daughter Jamie, sorry Jamie) blow into town with all of their possessions on their back and kind of take over an area. It was rather interesting though, some of the hair was quite colorful.
I had to try four different places before I could get a room for the night. Didn't expect to get much sleep with a music festival going on, all kinds of young people in town and in an area where it m.doesn't get dusk until 2 am. Turns out it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, actually rather enjoyable.
Day 11 Telsin to Dawson City, Yukon Territory 464 miles
glad to see you back on line. great pics
ReplyDeleteglad to hear your now headed toward moon lk! VIA Mount Ranier, Olympia rain forest, Sturgis South Dakota and eastward bound. Tell all my cousins in Sturgis hello from me and enjoy the Rally! see ya when ya hit the driveway in a week or so!
ReplyDeletep.s. you can then 'update' your blog..we have all the connections here! lol
ReplyDelete